Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Thankful

I love Thanksgiving for so many reasons. There is so much that I'm thankful for and I wanted to post a very incomplete list in celebration.


I'm thankful for....


....my life and that I'm living. There was a very dark period of unhappiness in my life where merely living and my very existence felt like the heaviest of burdens and I appreciate the simple joy of living each and every day.


....Gabby and the things she teaches me daily about her, me, and love.


....The Book of Mormon and for the understanding I've gained from it of Christ and His power of deliverance and the power of the pleasing word of God to heal my wounded soul.

....teaching (though I feel I do much more learning) about Joseph Smith and his teachings each month. I'm so thankful for him and his courageous life and work.

.....that I'm so close to my sisters


.....that my parents love and accept me and are so sad I can't make it home for the holidays


.....a job that I mostly enjoy, that I do well, and that pays the bills and allows me to live comfortably

.....blogs and facebook for allowing me to reconnect and stay connected to so many friends

.....temples and that there are so many so close to me and the precious knowledge and understanding the work within them affords me

.....life filled with more laughter than tears

.....that I stopped biting my nails yet again and I now have only 21,457 more flaws to work on

.....hair dye

.....tweezers that allow me to tame my wild brows

.....good books and how I can completely escape into a story

.....,music of all genres and my mp3 player

......how often I'm the recipient of random acts of kindness from the most unexpected sources

.....that Gabby and I were both born in Arkansas

.....for the word y'all

.....for my darling nephews and nieces

.....for the good health of my entire family

.....the guidance God grants me in things both big and small

....make-up and that I love wearing it

.....magnificent thunderstorms

....chocolate

.....that I see the sunrise and sunset almost every day

.....my digital camera

....technology and how much ease it adds to life

....the world's wonderous variety and that I've seen so much of it

.....that I feel like this list is endless


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

4 comments:

Kate said...

oops! I commented under my SIL's blog profile. Anyway...

I'm thankful for your blog, because it always makes me smile. :)

Yes, I know I'm corny sometimes. ;)

Unknown said...

we missed you, especially your mad pie making skills. I have to confess I bought a premade crust...please don't hate me :)
Glad you have so much to be thankful for this year! What a difference a year makes.

Trish said...

I'm corny, too and thankful that there are others just as corny ;)!

That's ok, Marji. I'm about to make me a lemon meringue and I just bought the pre-made crust too!

Jen said...

Love the new look of your blog...and I appreciated your thankful list. You are sooo right...we have many wonderful tihngs to be thankful for. And I laughed that you are thankful for your tweezer, but I ditto you on that or I'd have a unibrow! Ha. Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving.