Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Love Long Weekends!

It's been absolutely wonderful having a couple of days off work. One of the many things I love about Thanksgiving. Gabby was with her dad and I was with Jen and David and his family. It was a good day of feasting and resting. On Friday, Gabby and I went down to Provo to hang out with the Nevers. We made gingerbread cookies. When I told Gabby what we would be doing, she asked, "Will the Gingerbread Man talk and play with me?" I love the way a 4 year old thinks!

Gabby enjoyed the frosting more than anything. More of that went into her mouth than on the cookies!


Gabby, Ellie, Daniel, and Dallin having a parade. They played so well together.



So there isn't a lot of space in my place for a Christmas Tree. Really the only place is on my coffee table. Gabby was insisting that we buy a "great, big tree" and that she knew "a perfect place" for it. Luckily, she decided that a 4 ft tall tree was plenty big and the coffee table was the perfect place. Gabby and I had the best time shopping for the Christmas tree and decorations. Gabby picked out the ornaments, a new stocking, a nutcracker, and a wreath for the door.


And even the star. She had to put that on first.


Gabby preferred hanging the ornaments in one general area. I was only allowed to hang the gold ones and Gabby was in charge of the red (her favorite color). I've since redistributed the ornaments.

1 comments:

Jen said...

How sweet and what fun memories you are making with Gabby!