Monday, November 24, 2008

Ponies and Blair Witch III

Rusty Robinson, a family friend from Arkansas, was married in Logan on Saturday. Jen and I were so excited to go to the wedding and see all the Robinsons. They moved to Boise a while back and it'd been a long time since we'd seen them. Ranie (Rusty's sister) and I graduated from high school together and she's still one of my best friends
4 Southern Belles
Ranie, me, Jenny, Ashlee (another Arkansan and one of Jen's best friends)

The bride and groom: Rusty and Gerianne


This is more than just beautiful scenery. The reception was held at the American Heritage Center. As Jen and I were driving in, we saw signs for it and just saw a couple of barns. We laughed and said how funny it would be if the reception were in a barn. I mentioned it to Ranie, assuming there was a lodge or hall, but no, it was in the barn. Jen and I arrived at the parking lot and saw a group boarding a covered wagon. We missed the wagon, it was cold, and we decided to walk to the barn. You can just make out the wagon in the distance in the picture . We were carrying the microwave we were giving as a gift so it was an arduous walk in our high-heeled boots. We made it to the barn and the inside was very nice. It was decorated beautifully and the food was delicious. It was a lovely setting for the reception.
We enjoyed catching up with the Robinsons and they enjoyed me making a fool of myself. BYU played at Utah at 4pm. The reception began at 3:30 so I was recording the game on my dvr and looking forward to watching it later that evening. Well, someone went up to the microphone and begins, "For those of you interested in the BYU/Utah game here's a...." I had clamped my hands over my ears and shouted, "No! No! No! I don't want to know, I don't want to know!" I even shut my eyes so I wouldn't see anyone's reactions. I feel a tap on my shoulder and Rusty is standing there laughing telling me that I was awesome. I think the rest of the Robinsons thought the same but I can't say the same for any others there. I would be the ONLY one at that wedding that cared. Of course, the game was a total let down. Stupid interceptions...



Gracie, Gabby, and Tommy.
Ranie and her 2 kids stayed at my place Saturday night. It was so great catching up and seeing her cute children. We walked to church Sunday morning. Along the way, we discovered that Gabby and Tommy (age 3) share a common quirk. A couple of months ago, I was dropping Gabby off at school and one of her teachers asked Gabby if she'd brought her pony. I was confused and asked if she was supposed to bring a toy pony. The teacher said, "No, I'm asking about her pretend pony, Polly. She rides Polly all day all over the school. Haven't you met Polly?" This was the first I'd ever heard of Polly the Pony. I was telling Jen about it and she told me that Gabby is always riding Polly at her house, too. I've never been able to meet Polly until Tommy came along with his pretend pony, Kindergarten. Gabby and Tommy rode Polly and Kindergarten most the way to church.


Aren't they cute? Gabby loved having friends over to play all day and was very sad when they went home.


When Jenny and I left the reception, the wagon wasn't there to take us back to our cars. It was pitch black out and we couldn't see a darn thing. We did a little Blair Witch video in the event we didn't make it back to my car. You can't see anything on the video but it may be worth listening to. I stopped recording just before a small animal dashed by Jen's feet and her yelling about that. I wish I'd caught that on tape.

5 comments:

Jen said...

What a wonderful time to be with old friends and see family too! And such gorgeous pictures and beautiful scenery! Gotta love it!

gwen said...

I remember the Robinson's! Raney was so cute! Who is the Ashlee? I can't place her. I love the Logan temple!

Trish said...

That's Ashlee Schwerin. I don't know if her family was in the ward when y'all were there. Her dad was bishop about 10 years ago. The Logan Temple is beautiful. It was my first visit there, I loved it!

paige dahlke said...

I am happy to find you Trish! Gabby is beautiful, and you are just as I remember from Raintree! I linked you from Jenni!
Paige

stacey said...

you are hilarious!! i was laughing so hard from the video, it brighten my day. i remember rainee when she came to visit you at raintree. so fun. you two look great and how fun to have your kiddos play!!