Saturday, November 15, 2008

Disney On Ice

Jen, David, Gabby, and I went to Disney on Ice today. I went when I was 9 or 10 so it was fun to do it again as a mom this time. We didn't decide to go until yesterday. Gabby had been talking non-stop about it since I told her what we were doing. She's been begging to go to Disneyland, so this was easy alternative for the time being.
Gabby was really into the show. This was her face through the first Act.

It really was a good show. I enjoyed it as much as Gabby did I think. They had a little bit of everything in it. Gabby was frightened of Monstro from Pinocchio but otherwise loved it.

Me and Queen Minnie. Gabby was very offended if we didn't call her Queen Minnie after I got her the crown.

Of course, the one princess Gabby kept asking about was missing, Sleepy Beauty. Gabby decided Belle is her favorite. I told Gabby how beautiful they were and she said, "Mommy, princesses are beautiful, but princes are handsome, not beautiful!" I tell you, kids just pick up on everything.

Gabby and her Cinderella spinner. I embarrassed by how much that stupid thing cost. Oh well, it was a fun day!

How to say no to crack? I'd really like to know if anyone has successfully battled it. I don't know what it is about Gabby's body, but since she was about 1, she's always had a crack problem. It doesn't matter what I do or what kind of pants I put on her, that crack finds a way to peek through. It's funny when those who aren't familiar with Gabby's crack disorder first spend time with her. Futile attempts to pull up her pants and underwear are made every few minutes. Usually the crack wins out within an hour. I gave up fighting the crack a long time ago. It doesn't bother Gabby at this point and maybe she'll eventually grow out of it.






4 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

She is so cute. Looks like you had a great tiem. Hailey keeps seeing commercials and has been mad we didn't take her but Grandmas is taking us to Disneyland after Christmas so thats keepign her sidetracked a little!

Bailey said...

Yeah, the things there are super expensive! I spent a pretty penny too when we went. I'm glad y'all had fun. That is one show that I would take Maddy to again. BTW your hair looked good:)

Melissa said...

Kalyn has a problem with crack too. The Children's Place boot leg jeans work the best, but even they can't fully control the power of Kalyn's butt.

Trish said...

Katie, you'll difinitely have to take Hailey. Watching the kids love it is half the fun!

Melissa, Gabby has a pair of those and nothing helps. Ironically, she's getting aware of her crack showing. Just today at church, her crack was showing and she said she had to hide it so people wouldn't laugh at her. At least she's not alone in the disorder!

Thanks Pam! You weren't teasing me were you?