Monday, November 17, 2008

A Day at the Museum

I have a few days I have to take off before the end of the year or I lose them. Life is rough when you have to take time off and play. We hadn't been to the Discovery Museum yet so decided to hit that with Jen, David, and Maggie. They used 'museum' loosely when labeling the place. It was fun, but really just an indoor playground. The kids were entertained so it can be called whatever for all I care.

The shopping station.

That's Gabby being a cow. There were little costumes to play dress up. Gabby really got into her character.


Gabby and David going for a spin in a Jeep.


Making a comic strip with stamps.

The water station. There were balls to send down the tunnels.



The playhouse. Gabby had a lovely tea party.

The building area.
It was really nice to have a week day off and do some of the stuff we used to do before I worked full time. We went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch which was quite the experience. There are several around the valley, but a new opened by my house a couple of weeks ago. It was such a zoo for a Monday afternoon. People camped out for the opening because the first 100 customers were getting free food. I wish I could make this stuff up! Camping out for free Chick-Fil-A on a very cold night? I like it ok and all, but one more thing about Utah I don't get. Just another thing for me and Jen to laugh about together.
I finally went back to the library and got a card for the one by my house. Gabby was more excited to go to the library than anything else. We used to go about once a week. I've been buying books lately which has been such a fun luxury for me. I love the library, but it's such an indulgence for me to buy a book I'm excited about when it first comes out rather than waiting forever for it to be available at the library or bumming it off someone. Nerd alert, I know! I've built up my library quite a bit so now you can bum books off me (see my goodreads page)! I think I'll try to find a better balance between buying books and getting them at the library.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been buying Jodie Picoult books lately...I can't stop! they have them in paperback everywhere. I'll have to send them all to you when I'm done so I don't feel so bad about buying them. I have to get a library card for over here too. Glad you had a good day off!

Trish said...

Me, too! They really are everywhere and always on sale! I'm readying The Pact and I know I read part of it before but I can't remember if I ever finished it because I have no idea what happens but it's all familiar. I must have read during a depressed stupor or something. We'll have to trade books sometime!

Bailey said...

I know, me too!!! They are the best!! I for sure want to get in on that trade! HaHa just kidding, never even heard of them. I think Trish was right when she said "NERD ALERT"!:)
Loved Gabby being a cow, too funny! I am a huge Chick-fil-a fan but not to camp out in Utah's freezing weather.

PrincessKatie said...

Thats awesome that you got to have a fun day off. It looks like Gabby enjoyed the museum. And of course you didn't go wrong if you made it to the new Chick Fil A I actually havne't been yet. However my Husband is ticked we didn't camp out. He really wanted to but I enjoyd sleeping in my bed that night! FUn pics!

Jen said...

Hi Trish! I made it over to your blog! Yay!!! Love your background. This looks like a fun day at the museum. I haven't been yet, but I KNOW my daughter would love it! STop by and see me sometime at my site. I'd love to have ya! Fun times last night at book club. Take care and have a great weekend. ~Jeni