Sunday, November 9, 2008

Snow and Make-Believe

It snowed quite a bit the other day. I think it was Thursday...anyway, the morning it snowed, Gabby told me we would have to build a snowman that day. I hoped that she would abandon that plan by the time we got home. No such luck. As you can see, I have mad snowman-building skills. Mr. Snowman only lasted a day and Gabby is all too eager for the next snow so that we can build another snowman. Can't wait for that! You know me, love the snow!
Mr. Snowman did have an actual carrot for a nose. Gabby insisted on that.

Those mad skills of mine on display!

Gabby really enjoys throwing snowballs at me. She was preparing to do that just before I took this shot. She hasn't quite figured out how to make snowballs so I make them for her. I then stand there and let her pelt me with them. Yes, I really love my little girl!



Gabby and I had a busy afternoon today. We played dress up for a while. I'm still Tinkerbell and Gabby has moved on to being Sleeping Beauty. We had a tea party in character. Gabby then became Naked Chef and made a fine meal for me and 3 of her stuffed animals. It was so fun listening to her ask each animal what they wanted and then answering in a different voice for them. She called me "Kid" and ordered me around the kitchen for everything she couldn't reach. I wish I'd gotten some of that on video, but I was too busy being sous-chef.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

What a great snowman! My boys didn't make it outside. I am mean.

Toni said...

I am so glad that I stumbled onto your blog! My boys kept asking me to go play in the snow and I used the old "I don't have your snow clothes and boots yet" to get out of it. I am apparently not as good of a mom as you :) I LOVED your lesson on Sunday, I have been meaning to tell you, but just haven't had the chance. You are such an amazing person and I learn so much from you, so thanks :)

Ambyr said...

Hi there. I'm in your ward, my name is Ambyr Wells and I hope that you don't mind but I got your blog from Katie Larsen's. I hope to get to know you a little better! Feel free to visit my blog at ambyrscrazydayz.blogspot.com See you later!

gwen said...

Such a fun blog! Do you mind if I link it to mine?