Sunday, December 28, 2008

Winter Fun

We had a lovely white Christmas. I woke up to Gabby and snow pelting my window. It snowed most of Christmas day and the next day. Gabby received a snow suit for Christmas so we headed out to play. I started on a snowman, but Gabby got cold and insisted we go inside. I didn't argue with her in the least.

Gabby showed me how to make a snow angel. I made one myself while Gabby threw snow on me.

The Olympic Oval is just down the road from me so we went ice skating. I think it's been 10 years since I last went. I'm pretty good with the exception of stopping, but that's what the walls are there for. Gabby was really excited to try it out. It was completely exhausting trying to hold her up and get her going. We lasted an hour and I think we'll try it again sometime soon.


The snow really piles up in the yards after the shoveling and plowing! I have the best neighbor who shovels my driveway and walk along with his. I was able to get to it before him only once. I think he shoveled it 4 or 5 times in the course of 2 days.


Me showing off my beautiful necklace that Pam and Micha gave me for Christmas. It matches my amethyst ring perfectly! I was so surprised by it. Thanks Pam and Micha!



Gabby was a great sport about trying to skate. She'd fall and fall and get back up.


1 comments:

Jen said...

You did some fun things and loved Gabby's snow angel!! And what a beautiful necklace you received! Have a wonderful New Year!