Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Baking

I love making holiday treats for my friends and neighbors every year. I hope they love getting them. I think they're pretty tasty. Gabby and I spent the day making Jell-O cookies, Oreo truffles, and fudge. Gabby was really only interested in making the cookies. I was on my own for the others. She's a good helper in the kitchen. The Jell-O cookies are ok, I mostly make them since they can be red and green and look pretty. Gabby is still on her naked kick at home. She was so excited to make the cookies.





Here are the recipes for Oreo Truffles and Jello cookies for those of you who may be interested. I just use the recipe with marshmallows, evaporated milk, and chocolate chips for the fudge. Both of these are from Kraft magazine.

Oreo Truffles

1 pkg Oreos, divided

1 pdg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened

2 pkg (8 oz each0 Semi-sweet baking chocolate melted

Crush 9 of the cookies and set aside. Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine brumbs, place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese and mix until well blended. Roll into 1 inch balls, makes about 42.

Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate until firm.

I used another gift I got for myself, a new food processor, to crush the Oreos. I haven't ever had one and I'm loving it! In years past, I crushed the Oreos in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. I prefer the former method much better!

Jell-O Cookies

3 1/2 cups flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks), softened

1 cup sugar

2 pkg (4 serving size each) Jell-O, divided

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 400. Mix flour and baking powder; set aside. Beat butter in large blowl with mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar and 1 pkg of dry gelatin, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended after each addition.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place cookes 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of clean glass. Sprinkle lightly with remaining gelatin.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Cute little naked Gabby! Lol. Loving these recipes! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!