Sunday, December 14, 2008

Early Gifts

We draw names for Christmas in my family. David drew Gabby this year. Jen had made David and Maggie Christmas blankets. Gabby was over there a few times while Jen worked on them. She was a little offended that Jen wasn't making her one. I offered to make Gabby a blanket, but she refused and insisted that Jenny would make her a blanket. Jen came through! Jen watched Gabby for me Thursday and Friday night (I'm a busy girl!) and showed Gabby the pieces Thursday. Gabby couldn't have been more excited for it. She made us leave for Jen's over an hour early Friday night so she could go get her Red Lady Bug Blanket. She loves it so much! Thanks David (and Jenny of course!).


And here's my gift to myself! I've been sleeping on a cheap twin bed all year. I haven't been sleeping well and Gabby gets in bed with me a couple of nights a week so I felt it was time for an upgrade. I bought it on Monday and it was delivered the same day. Gabby was actually very upset when I began taking apart the old crappy bed. She's not so into change these days. I can't really blame her though, it has been a tumultuous year. I bought the bedding at Linen's N Things on Thursday (thanks going out of business clearance sale!). I'm hoping to get a headboard and dressers sometime next year, but this is definitely a step up! I love all the extra room and not having springs in my back. Oh, and I found fleece sheets at Target. I highly recommend sleeping wrapped in fleece!




3 comments:

Kate said...

ooo, i like!

Bailey said...

Love the bedding!! Super cute!! You deserve a comfy bed!

Jen said...

I love the bedding! It's beautiful! You deserve it! And what a beautiful blanket!