Saturday, December 6, 2008

"O, Christmas Tree," The Tutorial

The shopping center down the road had some reindeer on display and pictures with the Grinch. Apparently they normally have Santa but I guess he couldn't make it this year so the Grinch it was. We opted not to take a picture with the Grinch, he looked a bit creepy. The reindeer were cool though. Gabby loved them.


I sunk to a new low today. Gabby dressed herself this morning for our ward's Christmas brunch. She chose the t-shirt in the video's below. I tried and tried to convince her to change and she wouldn't. She just loves t-shirts. So after the brunch, I told Gabby that reindeer didn't like white shirts, only blue ones. She had that t-shirt off quick as anything. I know that it was wrong of me to use the reindeer that way, but I was desperate!

Gabby taught me her version of "O, Christmas Tree" this morning. She is a strict little teacher and requires much from her student. I never did get it right, but it's fun listening to her teach. Yes, that's tinsel on the tree. Gabby kept insisting we needed it. I don't know where she heard about tinsel, but it's a mess. She had fun throwing it on the tree and now "it's perfect!"









11 comments:

Bailey said...

In all fairness Trish, Gabby did keep changing the words. She is one tough teacher!! Micha is now humming that song after watching those videos:) Don't worry, I have sunk lower then that to get Maddy to change her clothes!

Unknown said...

Trish, so, so cute!!! Caleb and I really enjoyed Gabby singing - so adorable!! I will tell you what I did for Sarah when she was 2 and headstrong about clothes...I just laid out two complete outfits and let her chose from those two...it took a while but finally work, especially when I laid out her favorite yucky blue cords overalls (ick) and her nasty white t-shirt with smurfs on it - umm yes she wore those overalls every Saturday because that is the only time I would give her them as a choice! She wanted to put her own style on everything - I guess all kids do.

Trish said...

Connie, I actually do that on school days, thanks for the tip! Being Saturday, Gabby was up before me and dug out that shirt. I've hidden some of the things she wants to wear.

Pam, how have you sunk lower? Do tell!

PrincessKatie said...

She is soo cute. I love those videos and how her made up song goes. Hailey watched it with me and was totally enjoying it. We so need to let them play together. They would love teaching each other songs if nothing else! Cute videos.

Jennifer said...

I have a cousin who told his little 4 year old daughter that he'd turn into a pumpkin if she didn't stay in her room and go to sleep. He then closed her door and put a pumpkin in front of it. Three minutes later they heard a blood curdling scream and then MY DADDEEEE!!!! MOMMY! Daddy's a pumpkin!
I think a little white lie about a t-shirt and reindeer is okay.

Jennifer Miller said...

Oh my goodness Trish that is hillarious! She is quite the little mother isnt she!! I love the tree and I even love tinsel!!! :o) Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

Trish said...

Katie, we definitely need to get our girls together some evening. They'd have a blast.

Jennifer that pumpkin story is hilarious. I may just try that myself sometime, great tip ;)!

Kate said...

Brett cracked up at this! Love it. :)

Dave said...

Don't feel bad about the clothes thing. We all do what we have to do. Did you ever notice this post about baseball?

http://boo-mooed.blogspot.com/2008/08/on-miracle-of-baseball-hippos-and-other.html

And nothing is as bad as the pumpkin thing :-)

Dave said...

apparently I am not good at posting links heres one more try, and if it doesn't work just look at my post in august about baseball and hippos.

I hope it works

Jen said...

We went to see the reindeer too and have our picture taken. I took Laura and her two friends. It was cute! Hey, I'm all for using deer to get your child to wear what you want! Ha! Loved the video clips. Thse are precious! Gabby has the cutest personality.