Monday, December 8, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus....and a Fairy

I had another day off to take today. I dropped Gabby off at school late and got some more shopping done. I'm almost done. I bought my gift for me, a new bed. It was delivered today and I love it. I picked Gabby up from school and we went over to the mall to meet Santa. Of course, he was out to lunch when we got there and we had to wait a while. Gabby was too excited to meet him. She told him she wanted a red ball. She already has several red balls, but I guess she'll be getting another one!
Gabby was a little put out that Santa didn't have his hat or coat on, but she was happy he was comfortable in the end. This was actually the first time I've taken Gabby to see Santa. Kind of sad, huh? But since it was solely up to me, off to Santa we went! I thought that I took video of Gabby telling Santa what she wanted, but apparently I didn't.



The mall has a carousel that Gabby chose to ride over having an ice cream cone. See, I don't totally spoil her, she has to make choices. Gabby rode the reindeer and named her Polly.



So this is Gabby's rejected Halloween costume that has become my tea party outfit. I'm even wearing the wings. I'll admit it, I kind of like dressing up as a fairy. I get into character and prance and dance around to Gabby's amusement. Gabby hosts wonderful tea parties. She comes as Cinderella. Although she does need to work on her graciousness as she forces me to eat things I don't like or want. I enjoy the tete-a-tetes with Gabby, though. We have some thought-provoking conversations.


Gabby and I riding the carousel.

2 comments:

Jen said...

How adorable! The pictures with Santa are precious. She has a fun personality. My 10 year old daughter and I just had a tea party too at Gardner Village! It was fun.

PrincessKatie said...

Super cute pictures.

Hey if you happen to be off work on Friday and Ginger and I are inviting anyone from the ward to come meet us for lunch at McDonalds on 90th South and 40th west about noon. We'd love to have you come if you can. anyone is welcome.