Thursday, January 1, 2009

Adieu to 2008!

What a year! It was definitely a year of highs and lows, many of which I've blogged about here. I tried to blog mostly the highs and overall it's been a great year. I think 2008 definitely ranks as one of the more eventful years of my life. There are only a couple of things that turned out how I expected, yet I'm incredibly happy. Obviously, there's Someone watching over me who knows better what will make me more happy and peaceful than I do. I'm trusting in that more and more. I have to say though, I'm glad the year is over. There's just that je ne sais quoi about the beginning of a new year. I'm very interested to see what 2009 will bring. I'm actually hoping it will be relatively dull aside from the excitement and entertainment Gabby provides. I won't even attempt to make any predictions, I just hope to continue on the course I'm on in all aspects of my life, only with further growth and improvement.
I've accomplished quite a bit (if I do say so myself) venturing out on my own. I genuinely enjoy the little life I'm building with Gabby. My two most recent accomplishments are giving up biting my nails and Diet Dr. Pepper. Well, I haven't completely given up on DDP, I now allow myself the occaisional enjoyment. I started on this years resolution today: to get back in shape. I'm sick of being soft so I'll be hitting the treadmill hard, my knee allowing!

We have our vacations planned for the year that I'm already very eager for. Disneyland in February, Florida in July, and Arkansas in December. I don't think we'll be able to fit much else in but who knows! Of course, it would be great for some of my friends and family to vacation here so I can see a bit more of them (hint, hint!). I'm fully expecting great things in 2009!




HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wonderful! You've got some great things planned for 2009--great vacations! Wahoo! I hope you had a great new year's day! Hugs to you and Gabby. Jeni

Ginger said...

You are amazing! Just cutting back on the DDP is amazing in and of itself, but truly you are inspiring! Happy New Year!