Saturday, February 28, 2009

Disneyland 2009

Gabby and I went to Disneyland last week. For some reason, getting a blog entry in has not been easy. The first one I did was deleted and not saved. Gabs and I drove down last Wednesday and made it to Anaheim by 4:30. We shared a suite with the Andersons. It was great seeing them and getting away for a few days. Gabby has been talking for months about going to Disneyland and I had been milking it for all it was worth. Now I need something else for her to look forward to so as to "encourage" good behavior. I hope Gabby will remember this trip better than the last one!

Gabby and I went over the first night. My camera has a night function, but I don't think I was using it right.

We rode the carousel a few times, Gabby would always name her pony. It was Polly every time.



Princess Gabby and Thomas. They got along really well. That morning Gabby said to Thomas, "You can be my prince, Thomas. I'm the princess and we'll get married." Thomas replied, "Okay, but we have to get married in the temple."



On the submarine for Finding Nemo


The Andersons on the Teacups


The Playhouse Disney Show. Gabby and Thomas were really into it.





Gabby begged and begged to get her face painted. We waited in line for 30 minutes while she carefully studied all her choices.

The final product. She thought she was "it" with her face painted.

It was really crowded at Disneyland for the end of February. We had to wait about 30 minutes for all but a couple of rides. The lines to meet the characters were long as well so we didn't get to meet everyone. Gabby had a good system though. I would tell her just to wave and say hi. Gabby would scream at the top of her lungs, "Hey Mickey (or Minnie, whichever it was)! HI!!! It's me, Gabby!!!" She was so loud, they always looked up and waved. Gabby would then say, "Mommy,he likes me, huh?" I always noticed that other kids without similar vocal capabilities would look enviously at Gabby receiving acknowledgement.






We rode the Teacups a lot!



Monica Sattley and me. Monica lived in Little Rock way back when and lives in Southern Cali now. She brought her girls to play with us on Friday. Gabby and Miriam had a great time and I enjoyed catching up with Monica



Brynn, Miriam, and Gabby

Riding Dumbo

The cousins waiting to go to Disney for the morning


Marji and me with Mickey and Minnie. Beat waiting in line!

Gabby really liked the Storybook Village ride and sailing through Monstro's mouth. We rode this one quite a few times. The trip was all about Gabby so I pretty much let her call the shots on the rides. I rode 3 "adult" rides, but I enjoyed watching Gabby's excitement more than anything.







Gabby talked and talked about Tigger and how nice he was. He picked her up for a big hug.


And danced with her. Nice crack shot, huh?







Riding Small World. They did some redesigns on it and it had just opened. The lines for it were out of control. I think Gabby must have remembered it from last time. She kept asking to ride it as soon as we got there. It was another favorite.


Playing music in Tarzan's Treehouse








This is just before we left for Cali. Gabby packed her backpack full of her Disney books. That's another quirk of Gabby, she will not watch Disney movies. Flat out refuses to view any of them, but she loves the books. That's how she knows all about them, solely through books. Yes, I'm growing a little bookworm :)

4 comments:

Gina & Nate said...

LOL I love love LOVE the butt crack!!! I can't stop laughing! You made me want to go to disneyland now! Glad you had loads of fun, but good to have your laugh and face over the hedge at work again :) hahaha Love ya!

stacey said...

sounds like you had a great time!! yeah for disney.

Jen said...

What sweet, precious, and cherishable memories! I loved the pics with Tigger. Made me laugh! It's like he swalloed Gabby up! Cute.

walkinourshoes said...

Looks like you both had fun. I can't wait until Kylee is old enough to go to Disneyland. The tigger, bum crack, picture is priceless.
Koe