Monday, February 23, 2009

I've Been Published

Writing is very therapeutic for me. I have a lot of journals and writing is the best way for me to sort out things. I wrote this last summer and have shared it with a few people here and there. I shared it with Wally Goddard a couple of months ago. He writes a monthly column for Meridian Magazine and asked if I would mind having it published on their site.

I've mentioned before that I've felt a purpose to the things I experienced in my marriage. Abuse, in one form or another, is all too common today. I felt so ashamed and so alone for so long; it was such a marvel and miracle to realize that some of my heroes in the Book of Mormon experienced abuse as well. Sharing what I've learned and experienced further helps to heal me and I hope that my words can help someone else. I studied the Book of Mormon last year looking for the theme of deliverance through Christ, both temporally and spiritually. The Book of Mormon is so rich with teaching regarding this and my testimony of the truthfulness of it and being prepared for our day has only been strengthened.

So here's the link:

http://www.meridianmagazine.com/spiritjourney/090223soul.html

5 comments:

Dave said...

Wow. I appreciate your atricle. I am just starting to learn the value of writing, and I hope I'll be able to be as eloquent someday.

Congratulations on being published! Maybe the Ensign next?

Unknown said...

Congratulations on becoming a published author! You are very talented. I really enjoyed reading the article and it inspires me to have more meaningful scripture study, so thank you!

Clare said...

Wow. Seriously...wow.

jennifer rogers said...

I loved your article...you should really be an abuse counselor you could really help women in the same situation. You have definitely come out of that situation on top, i'm proud to know you!

Julie said...

Wow, that made me cry. You really are a good writer. I enjoy reading your blog. You are awesome!