Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Excellent Girl

Gabby has redeemed herself after last week's meltdown. I write this hoping that me bragging on her won't jinx her! Punishing her wasn't a fun for either of us, but I'm glad that it was effective quickly. Her teachers and classmates were all impressed by how good she was the rest of the week. She was even rated 'excellent' a couple of days. When I picked her up each day, she was so excited to tell me how good she was and would list all the things that she wouldn't have to do without since she was good.

Last Saturday, I was wearing my BYU hat while Gabby and I ran errands. Gabby was really upset that she didn't have a BYU hat as well. And yes, it did my heart good that she was so sad about it. I told her we'd look for one at Target. Well, they didn't have any BYU hats, but she settled for Tinkerbell. Oh and I am planning supplanting Tink with a BYU hat as soon as I find one. Gabby says she still wants one and I'm not one to deprive a true blue Cougar fan of paraphernalia.

Gabby loves any holiday. I have paper hearts covering my walls upon her insistence. I spent a good deal of yesterday morning cutting them out under Gabby's direction. Gabby has her Valentine Day cards complete and is just waiting for the big day to give them to her friends.


2 comments:

Ginger said...

I am going through phases with my little boy. It is making me crazy.

stacey said...

she is so cute. GO COUGARS!