Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My New Hobby

I received my Christmas gifts from my parents tonight. David and Micha had to drive it out from Arkansas for me.
Little Dave helped me open the gift. What could it be ?

This was a surprise, pepper spray!

And the only thing I asked for, a gun. Its looks are deceiving as it has a good kick when you shoot it. Dad and Mom really hooked me up, it's perfect for me. Dad was actually pretty excited that this is what I wanted.



I took Micha with me to an indoor range and he taught me about the gun, loading, unloading, basic safety and shooting. This was my first time shooting a gun ever! And no, the target wasn't that close when I was shooting, it was about 50 feet away. I really enjoyed it, though I have tremendous respect and just the right amount of caution in handling a gun. I think it's a good thing that guns make me slightly nervous. After Obama was elected, I decided I'd better get one as I just don't trust the man or the judges he'll appoint protecting 2nd amendment right. I'm planning on taking a class and getting a concealed weapons permit while I still can as well. I don't plan on carrying it with me, but it will be good to have that option. It came with a child proof case, a lock for the trigger, it won't be loaded at home and it won't be anywhere Gabby can get to it, for those of you wondering about safety.


Not too bad for my first time. The range is pretty close to me and I plan on going regularly. I even drew a little blood from shooting. Not Osama's, but my own. The hammer caught the edge of my thumb pretty good. At least I didn't shoot my eye out!



Micha trying it out. I was a better shot than him, he blamed my sweet gun for it! Thanks for getting me started Micha!
I think I need to name my gun. Shouldn't every gun have a name? Hmmm, I'll have to give this some thought. Any suggestions?






8 comments:

Mama Yo said...

Billy bob - it's the generic name in the Yo Yo household. I love your gun. So does my 12 year old. ;)

Bailey said...

I'm glad you got your gun and that Micha could help you out! YOu had some good shots, way to go!

Jennifer said...

I've always wanted a gun but I don't know anything about them other than I love to shoot things (inanimate objects...not living things). What kind did you get?

Kate said...

That is so awesome! I've been asking Brett for my own handgun for a while. Maybe I'll skip the embroidery machine idea and ask for a handgun for my birthday. :)
As for the name...a lot of guys name their pets after guns. You could name your gun after a pet...a dog...a guard dog...like Kujo!

Trish said...

My gun is a lady and needs a lady name. I can feel the perfect name just on the tip of my brain....

Melissa said...

Good for you. I don't see anything wrong with having a gun, so long as you are careful...and it sounds like you are and will be.

Jen said...

Wow! That's great--and I am totally impressed with your shooting skills for your first try! You did good! Ummm, so do I need to have you frisked at Book club? Ha-ha. JK.

Kate said...

Lady!