Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Office Olympics

UPDATE PART DEUX!
I know y'all've been anxiously waiting to hear about the hula hoop contest. Well, turns out I can hula hoop pretty dang well. It's so wonderful to discover hidden talents. If times ever get rough, I'll just have to put these rockin' skills to work. It's been about 2 years since I've hula hooped, but I kept it going long enough to go to the finals in Hula Hooping! Granted, they put me against the men, but I kept it going for at least a minute. My hips are good for something after all. The Finals are on Friday and I better get a gold in something since I'm not getting any of the profits! I'll get some pictures then, so y'all can see me in all my glory. I think Jello Slurping is really the most noble of the four events. It just has that special quality that anyone can appreciate and admire the skill and dedication it requires to do really well.
AN UPDATE!!!

Today, I competed in our 3rd event, chair racing. Each contender had to sit in their chair and go between "cones"(other people sitting in chairs), grab a flag, return to the start position weaving through the cones. If you touched a cone at all, you had to start over. I found my event! I flew through the course and finished before the other 2 in my heat had hit the back wall. Those watching described my technique to be crab-like. Apparently, I looked like quite the idiot, but dog-gone it, I was an idiot who won. My co-workers seemed a bit surprised and if I'm completely honest, a bit scared by my competitiveness. I believe I'm the only one to qualify for the finals in all 3 events. Next week will be the hula hoop contest. I'm not the best of hula hoopers, but perhaps Lady Luck will continue to smile upon my journey to the Gold!

March is a fun time at Farmers. It's profit sharing month; I don't get to share in the profits this year, but I do get to share in the fun.

Each Tuesday, there is a qualifying event for the top 6 finishers. Last week, it was the Jello Slurping Contest. I managed to place 4th and qualify for Finals. Jello is not my passion nor my strength.

Today was my event, Donut Bobbing. Not just any donuts either, Krispy Kremes. Yes, the perfect event for a donut fanatic. I have prepared and trained for years through my extensive donut consumption (who can forget when I ate an entire dozen on my own as a mere 17 year old). Donut Bobbing is essentially eating a donut off a string without using your hands. I got the Silver and will be in the finals for this event as well. There are 2 events to go.

I'll try to get some pictures of the events so far to post for your enjoyment. I hope for continued success in the 2008 Office Olympics.

Trish

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing you had all that practice eating donuts in the Shaved Ice Trailer, otherwise you might not have done good. I just might forgive you for never bringing the donuts home!

Victor said...

Trish,

You were awesome on all the events, I on the other hand sucked...Anyways check out my personal profile and my blog on immigration...see you at work!