Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Office Olympics Finale

The Olympics didn't finish quite the way that I had hoped. I had qualified in all 4 events and I found that the 4 events didn't go all that well together. We did Donut Bobbing, Hula Hooping, Jello Slurping, and then Chair Racing. I blame the donuts. They were NOT Krispy Kremes. They were almost cake donuts, but they weren't supposed to be. They were nasty and thick. I actually gagged on a donut, that's how bad they were. They were dry and so hard to swallow and I could not finish in the top 3.
Next came Hula Hooping. After so long, we had to walk and hula. I'm not so good at that nor am I good at hula hooping on one foot. I made a great save at one point. The hula hoop was about down to my knees and I managed to get it back up to my waist before losing it again trying to stand on one foot. So no medal for that one.
Jello Slurping was interesting to do after the donut fiasco. It was a whole lot of sugar way too quick and I lost in that event as well.
Chair racing was my last great hope. I just wasn't on my game. I kept hitting the "cones" and having to start over. Chair racing is hard work and the room was hot and my belly was full of nasty donuts, jello, and whipped cream. After losing the races, I spent the next 15 minutes losing all the contents of my stomach and then some! So that was my great prize. I barely ate the rest of day and when I did, I still felt sick. Here are the pictures as promised!
At this point, I was swallowing the jello and focusing very hard on not letting it back up.

I was completely out of my league in this event. Matt (on the left) was pretty much done and you can see how much I had left.



Chair racing aka My Undoing



I was trying to yank the donut off the string, but it was so thick, it wouldn't come off. Erandy on the left was the winner.



Even with the unpleasantness of vomiting, it was a really fun day and made even better by getting off at 11:30. I threw myself into some serious retail therapy afterwards, I'd like to see an event in THAT next year.


0 comments: