Monday, June 22, 2009

Some Updates

The No Sugar Contest is over! Two weeks ago, we took out white or enriched flour to make it tougher. There 6 of us at that point. The flour thing really sucks. I've hated it! It took out so many options, especially eating out like I do. It was down to 3 of us today and we decided to call it and split the $260 pot. So I made $67 off the whole thing. I still haven't had any sugar. I'm too afraid to open that flood gate. The cravings are long gone and I'm not sure I want them back so who knows when I'll eat sugar again! I can't believe I made it 12 weeks. I'm really pleased with myself!
There's another thing that I'm really pleased about, my nails. I've been a nail biter as long as I can remember. When I was 19, I finally managed to stop biting them for a couple of years. Even when I wasn't biting them, I still kind of was and they would never grow long and pretty. When I bite my nails, I really bite them short, so much so that it would be painful. Yeah, not the best habit! I finally stopped biting them last October again. I feel like I've kicked the habit once and for all and my nails have never looked so good naturally!
I still think my hands are ugly. Pretty nails can only do so much!

Michael is doing great, but she cowers in the corner whenever we open the cage. Gabby is pleased being the boss of her gerbils. She took this shot.
I've also gotten back into running. It feels so great! I'm doing a 10k on Pioneer Day (July 24). I've never run a 10k before so that should be fun. I can't have the day off work, so I'll run the 6+ miles and then have to work all day. I'm not looking forward that part. I'm running the Provo Half-marathon in August as well. My expectations for that aren't too high as I can't devote as much time to training as I did 2 years ago. I'm usually able to work 2-3 runs in a week. I take Gabby to Nick's after work and run around his neighborhood. That's been working well and gives Nick and Gabby a bit more time together. Plus, I don't feel as guilty for running since she's with 1 parent. I take her to play with Madison and David sometimes, too. Still, my runs are going well and it's so nice to feel like I'm in half-way decent shape.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Congrats on Co-winning. I don't remember how long I guessed you would go, but I remember knowing that as competitive as you are you would win.

And Michael should cower. Those gerbils need to know who's boss.

Amy said...

I'm not a runner bu if you ever feel like you need more running time and need someone to watch Gabby I would be more than happy to watch her for you. My girls would love it!

Jen said...

Trish, I am so proud of you and all that you've accomplished! How fantastic to go 12+ weeks without sugar (and to get $67 out of it, too! Always a plus). Good luck on your run!