Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gabby is THAT kid!

It's barely October and Utah has already had its first snow. It hasn't lasted very long, but it definitely feels like winter. Gabby was so excited when it snowed yesterday. She proclaimed that Santa is coming and we had to get ready for him. She had me pour him a glass of milk first thing in the morning. I threw it out later and Gabby noticed. She told me Santa would be angry with me and I'd be on the naughty list. So we made him cookies late last night to make up for me throwing out the milk. I spent the whole day telling Gabby that it was too early for Santa to come, but she knows best. Here's the thing, I NEVER talk about Santa. Not since last Christmas and I'm a bit surprised about how much she remembers about it all.

Now I should clarify. Snow in and of itself isn't that bad nor is winter. I like a change in seasons. Snow can be beautiful and it can be fun to play in at times. It's October. The last snow was May 1st. I could handle most happily 2-3 months of winter, but October to May? It was barely summer! It seems that the predictions are for another snow-filled winter so lucky us! I'm trying to be more positive, but if it's still snowing and cold in April, expect some rants!

Today was the Primary Presentation at church. We were in Arkansas for the last 2 Sundays that they were practicing. There was a practice yesterday from 10-11:30 but it was 11 am before I noticed the flier on my door. I wasn't sure what to expect from Gabby. After the Sacrament, all the children were invited to go sit on the stand. Gabby ran up there and quickly returned to me after not knowing where to sit. I saw her teacher and tried to tell Gabby to go back up pointing where to sit. She kept refusing. I finally said, "Gabby, you have to sit right here with me and you CANNOT go sit with your class." Being my little rebel, she ran right up there. She just stood there at the top of stairs in her own little world. She'd wave to me, dance around, pick her nose, and other such things that make every mother proud.

It was her turn to say her lines and she did great with that. After she was done, she yelled, "Mommy, I did it! I did it!" I was near the back of the chapel and I heard her all too clearly. She kept running back and forth to me. I wanted her to be apart of the program otherwise she would have been out in the hall in BIG trouble. I kept hoping she would just settle down and stay with her class. She tried singing a couple of songs, waving to me throughout. She finally decided she'd performed enough and sat with me the rest of the program. Every other kid sat up there so reverently. I know every Primary Program has THAT kid, I just wasn't expecting Gabby to be her.

Oh and Soapy II and Sola didn't last the week. Fortunately, Gabby found a dead cricket and seems content with that for now.

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Haha. I thought she was cute. She has personality.

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Hi Trish... I saw the link to your blog from Ginger's blog. We were so late to church this morning that we sat in the very back so we didn't have a very good view of the action. Sounds like we missed out... Gabby is so funny! I once taught primary (5 year olds) and this one little girl would lick my arms... kids do the darndest things!

Amy said...

It sounds like the program was a good one. Gabby is such a cutie

PrincessKatie said...

Hey Trish. I found yoru blog from Gingers too. HOpe you don't mind. I am newer in the ward but I have enjoyed getting to knwo you through the lessons I have heard in Relief Society. Gabby cracks me up today. I hate fun watching her and was glad she kept me smiling She sure is cute. Come check my blog out sometime www.thelarsenfam.blogspot.com I live in Tuscany too so maybe sometime Gabby will have to come play with hailey.

Trish said...

Thanks for the positive comments! Glad she could entertain :)

Melissa said...

Even though Gabby is 'THAT Kid,' I bet you were so proud of her! Mommys can't help it!