Thursday, October 16, 2008

Couple of Cougar Fans

I'm all about BYU Football. I was hooked after my freshman year in 1996 when BYU went 14-1, won the Cotton Bowl, and finished #5. I love college football in general. I cheer for the Hogs, Woo Pig Soooie, but I'm really all about the Cougars. I'm an ESPN junkie on Saturdays and read the Sports page, basically soak in all the football I can. It's just so much fun watching what can happen on any given Saturday. The frustration and craziness of the BCS system actually adds something to the addiction.

Of course I'm teaching Gabby a proper love and appreciation for BYU Football. I think I scare her a little when I watch games. I yell and clap and sing the Fight Song. Gabby tells me I'm too loud and that I shouldn't be angry. She's a very optimistic fan. Tonight's game made me especially angry, but I still love BYU and won't ever give up on 'em. It was actually the first time Gabby yelled, "Go Cougars!" Normally, she'll say, "Go Tigger, Go Pooh Bear, Go Piglet!" So even though the Cougs lost tonight, I feel pride in the small victory of finally Gabby getting it that it's the Cougars we cheer for and not Tigger. She watched most of the first half with me and I tried explaining the basics to her. She knew we were cheering for the guys in white, but was a little confused that they weren't in blue. I think she's catching on. It's a start.

So another thing I'm quite proud of is Gabby's dream. Everytime I ask her what she dreamed about, she says, 'I dreamed I played basketball, it was raining, and I made a pizza." Everytime. I think she may have actually had that dream once and it just stuck with her. It does my heart good that she dreams of basketball since I'd kind of like for her to play and love that as much as I did. So that's what she's talking about in the first part of the video.

0 comments: