Sunday, August 10, 2008

Gabby's 1st Haircut

I should clarify this as Gabby's 1st professional haircut. Nick cut her hair when she was a few weeks old the first time I left her alone with him. When we went to Japan and China a couple of years ago, my mom trimmed her hair while she had Gabby. It was the first thing I noticed both times when I got home to my baby. Gabby is as particular about her own hair as she is mine. She hates having it brushed and for me to put it up. I chase her around with spray conditioner and a brush most mornings while she screams and tries to hide her head. I decided it was time for a change!



Gabby was not excited for any part of this experience even without telling her what would be happening.



You can see how long her hair is and just how thrilled she was to get it cut.




I gave her a juice box and that made the process go a little smoother


I think it looks great and it's much easier to brush. FYI, this little ride outside of Smith's goes on forever. I really get my 50 cents worth.


I think it may be 4 more years before she'll agree to another haircut.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How tramatic! Poor Gabby. Caleb doens't cry, instead he giggles and scrunches his shoulders up and it makes it very hard to get around the ears and the back of the neck. His hair usually grows out quite a bit before I take him in because of the struggle! Gabby may never get another haircut after this one : - )

jennifer rogers said...

that was the funniest video! She is a very paticular child huh! I wouldn't expect anything less from the product of you...and I mean that in a good way!!

Melissa said...

Wow! That was really dramatic.

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, Trish, that was so funny! Poor Gabby. ;)

Jennifer said...

My cousins have had great success with Cookie Cutters and their kids. Poor Gabby looks completely traumatized!

http://www.haircutsarefun.com/

Bailey said...

Dude, that was hilarious!! I needed a good laugh this morning!! Oh, what a special girl she is :) The hair cut is very cute. I just might have to tease her a little when y'all are down here about getting another hair cut. I just want to see her reaction!! Too funny!