Monday, September 8, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza Continued

I didn't know whether to be offended or not. Gabby sat so quietly and let Marji do her hair for her. No screaming, no tears, no scrambling away, just utter contentment.
Gabby was really happy to have Aunt Marji here. Marji stayed in Gabby's room and I pulled out the trundle in my room for me and Gabs. Every morning, Gabby woke up saying right away, "Where's Marji?" Of course, Gabby also loved sharing a room with me. It's becoming quite the battle to get her back in her bed.

We went down to Provo on Saturday. Marji and I were at BYU together. We took classes and worked together. We walked around campus reminiscing. It's changed so much since we were there. For one, there's not any construction on campus any more. And why did all the students look so dang young?


Of course, it's not a trip to BYU without going to Brick Oven. They have the best pizza ever! This chocolate mousse birthday pie was so delicious as well.

Jen indulged me and Marji by listening to all our stories from our BYU days.

We were shopping at the Quilted Bear in Provo. It's a huge crafty kind of home decore store. Anyway, we saw some tutu's there and decided we could make them ourselves for our girls and make them just as cute. We went to Hobby Lobby, bought the supplies, and busted out some tutus in about an hour. Gabby loves it. This will be her Halloween costume and is great for just general dress-up play. I hated that the weekend had to end. It was so great having so much kid-free sister time! Thanks Jim and David for letting me have Marji and Jen all weekend!


2 comments:

stacey said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TRISH! looks like you had a great one. i can't think of anything more fun than spending my birthday with my sisters. you are lucky!

Unknown said...

Oh, your talk of BYU and Brick Oven, two of my favorite places too! I think the students look tremendously younger since my days there!!!! I am so glad you had a great birthday weekend with your sisters! Happy Late Birthday!!