Sunday, September 7, 2008

25 For The 5th Time

I can't believe I'm 25 yet again! I'm 30, I can say it. I just like the sound of 25 a bit better ;). I had a really great birthday. Marji came for the weekend. The only thing missing was Pam. We really missed her, but Jen and I are excited to see her in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, Gabby and I have both been sick all weekend. Gabby got this fun stomach bug first and I soon followed. I didn't let it spoil our fun too much, though.
Friday morning, we went and got pedicures. It felt so wonderful being pampered. We splurged and got flowers on our big toes.
We went out to lunch after the pedicures. Marji and I went downtown and did some shopping. We went to Temple Square and enjoyed seeing the incredibly powerful Joseph Smith movie. We picked up Gabby and went to Jenny's. I was a bit sick so I took a power nap on Jenny's couch. Gabby had me hold a balloon for her. I was actually trying to hide from Gabby and David. They like jumping on me and that's not a good combo with a sick stomach.

Jenny prepared a fabulous fried food fest. I gave her and David the deep fryer as a thank you gift last winter for letting Gabby and I stay with them. Jen has become an expert with it. She made onion straws, chicken strips, shrimp, fries, and chicken nuggets. It was delicious! Thanks Jen!

Gabby was slightly offended that it was my birthday and not hers. She really liked the crowns Jenny bought. Her crown had a picture of Ariel and she would only answer to that name the whole evening. She would only call me Belle as that was who was on my crown.

Jenny was just hilarious about the candles. There were far too many on here.


I'm still young enough to blow them all out though.

Gabby was excited to help blow out so many candles. She was even more excited to eat some more cake. It was such a fun birthday! Thanks Marji and Jen for making it great!

1 comments:

Mama Yo said...

Happy (late) Birthday Trish! It looks like you gals had a great time together! You all deserved a fun weekend - I think Jim survived here with the three kidlets... it's my mom I'm wondering about!! ;)