Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hot Springs!

Gabby and I took a super quick trip to Hot Springs over the weekend. My dad was called as bishop of the ward and really wanted all of his family to be there. We were all able to make it and be there to sustain him and see him be set apart. It was so great to be back home and be with my family. My family is so great--I wouldn't change a thing about them. We left early Saturday morning and were back in Salt Lake by noon on Monday. We just enjoyed spending time with our fabulous family. We're all experts at pigging out and laughing at ourselves, each other, and especially our kids.
Springtime in Arkansas brings out hoards of caterpillars. Gabby was quite taken with hers. My dad had gotten all the granddaughters purses with makeup in them. Gabby found a better use for hers. She made her purse into a home for the caterpillar. We didn't discover that until we were packing up our stuff. It survived 24 hours zipped up in a purse. We left in Arkansas since the caterpillar wouldn't likely survive Utah's springtime--snow, it snowed AGAIN today.

All 9 of the grandchildren! Pam is having #10 in May. From left to right: Matthew, Kaylee, Thomas (Jim and Marji's), Maggie, David(David and Jenny's), Oscar VIII(we call him Ocho), Adabelle(Oscar and Dollie's), Madison(Micha and Pam's), and Gabby.


Madison and Gabby posing for a picture Southern style, in the back of a truck. Aren't they the sweetest cousins? Don't get too taken in, they turn on a dime on each other.


Gabby and me

Proof of Gabby's quirkiest quirk. She was dead-asleep when I took this picture. You can see why I am usually unsure if she's actually asleep or not. She'll have fun freaking people out when she's older as I did.

0 comments: