Monday, April 14, 2008

A Fun Friday Night

The Nevers were honored as being my first non-family dinner guests on Friday night. Lynn was my roommate at BYU and it's been great seeing her so much. Lynn and Shawn have 4 adorable kids. I've watched them before and they are the best-behaved kids ever! Gabby is more work than the 4 of them combined. Gabby loves playing with them and was excited to show off our new place.
Fortunately, I didn't clean Gabby's playroom prior to them coming over. They all had a lot of fun going through Gabby's toys. She discovered some she'd forgotten about.

After wearing themselves out by some serious playing, they settled in their jammies to watch Curious George. We were entertained by how much they laughed at the movie. Nothing beats that sound!


Shawn, Lynn, and I were trying to play Phase 10 but Gabby kept interrupting us asking for me to come sit with her to hold my hair. I pointed out Ellie's hair more as a joke since Gabby has always refused to hold any hair but mine. She walked up to Ellie with a bit of skepticism. She picked up a handful to test it out and rubbed it between her fingers. It met with her refined tastes and she settled herself besides Ellie holding her hair. I may just have to borrow Ellie again! It was so nice to be relieved of that duty for a change.


0 comments: