Sunday, April 6, 2008

Meet Soapy

Gabby's previous fish, Fish was buried at sea a few months ago. We decided we were ready for a new fish. We went to the pet store and Gabby picked out another beta fish. She wasn't interested in any others. She went for a red fish this time around. Originally, she said her name was Trophy but changed it to Soapy after settling her in her tank. I'm pleased to see her creativity with names growing. She decided to watch a show with Soapy. Unfortunately, Soapy was facing the wall and wouldn't turn around no matter how loud Gabby yelled at her. Gabby was attempting to manhandle Soapy into submission when I came in and negotiated a truce.

I really do clothe my daughter. I also brush Gabby's hair. There's no keeping clothes on her at home though and I just have to pick my battles these days. I'm certain there is a hair-ratting troll that has taken a fancy to Gabby. Its mission and joy is in tangling Gabby's hair as soon as it is brushed and I look away. It does its best work at night while she sleeps. No amount of conditioner seems to repel it and it seems to be winning the Tangle War

Soapy happy in her new home!

0 comments: