Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Just Love Arkansas!

Gabby and I went home for a week in August to Arkansas. We had a fabulous time and needed some time away as we hadn't had a vacation since Christmas. Gabby tried hard to convince me that we should move there and shot down every reason I gave her for staying in Utah. But back to Utah we came. Gabby is hilarious to travel with as she says whatever comes to mind. I'm still working with her to self censor. She asked a random guy if his was name was Big Billy. His reply, no my name is Eric." Gabby's reply, "Oh, you look like a Big Billy." She also asked a pilot why he looked so much older in real life than on his picture id. The pilot valiantly tried to defend himself, but Gabby would not be convinced that he was anything but old.

Me and Averi. She's grown so much!

Cousin time in the Anderson's backyard.


I do wish Gabby had more time with her fun cousins. They get along as well as 11 kids can.


Run and jump!



Thomas, Madison, and Gabby jumping together.





We went to Mid America Museum on one day, a Hot Springs classic. It brought back so many memories of my field trips when I was Gabby's age.












We went to Garvin Woodland Gardens one morning with my mom. I'd never been. It was beautiful, but that humidity kills me. I've gotten spoiled and soft living in a dry climate.




I love how green it is in Arkansas. Gabby thinks my parents live in the forest because of all the trees. I think Arkansas is so beautiful. I forget how loud nature is too. It's teeming with life, birds, frogs, bugs, that make a continuous ambient soundtrack where ever you are.




Grandma helping them to the cave.



Gabby is increasingly uncooperative in pictures.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a lovely trip. I think your heart will always belong to Arkansas.