Monday, March 16, 2009

Sickness and Strike 2 for GNO

Gabby was unfortunately sick over the weekend. If Gabby is going to be sick, this was the perfect kind of sick. I know you other mom's know what I mean. She was running a fever and only wanted to sleep. There were no foul messes to clean up, barely a runny nose to wipe, just a feverish little girl who only wanted snuggles and rest. She didn't even want any stories, just to go to sleep. She was really a good patient. Gabby talks in her sleep quite a bit when she's running a fever. She gave me some good laughs making demands even in her sleep. She said her tummy hurt on Saturday and gave several good efforts to 'fro up' to no avail. Sunday, she still had a fever and said her 'froat hurt' and 'nufin else.' She spent 2 days straight on the couch and after 12 hours straight of sleep last night, made a full recovery today. We're back to piggy-back rides up and down the stairs, cooking food, reading stories, magic shows, and hide-n-seek. I'm glad she's all better and I'm really glad that her sickness was so easy to handle. It was kind of nice to have a day off, too. I got my desk cleaned up by either filing or shredding, a few important errands accomplished, and my taxes filed.

I did miss my Girls' Night Out. Jen and I seem to get out about once a month, just for dinner and a chick-flick. We're trying to add some other girls and had another sister set to join us. Jen still went, but I stayed home with my baby girl. My last GNO with Lynn was cancelled a couple of weeks ago. Lynn and I are trying again this Saturday for a Girls' Day Out, hopefully 3rd time's a charm. Gotta have the girl time! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't come down with whatever Gabby had.

1 comments:

Dave said...

It is so sad when they are that sick.

But you are right, it's the best kind. You actually get to relax and snuggle. How nice!