Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Second Haircut

I was absolutely shocked when Gabby asked for a haircut last week. I had planned on going on Saturday, but her illness postponed those plans as well. Great Clips was having a sale on haircuts so we stopped by after work. While we were waiting, Gabby pointed to a picture of woman with boy-short hair and said she wanted her hair cut like that. I tried showing her other pictures, but she was insistent. Well, I'm still in charge of her hair so I told the girl how short to go with it and I was not going to give Gabby super short hair.
Gabby jumped right up and was really excited to get her hair cut. She was really interested in looking at it as it hit the floor.
She sat very quietly the whole time. The actual cutting process went much smoother than her first cut. Her hair cut was done and she started crying that it wasn't short enough. I told her we were done and pulled out the chicken nugget bribe. I told her she looked pretty and she said, "It's not pretty because it's too long!"
We went to the car and she really got upset. Gabby said, "I don't like my hair and I'm not going to school tomorrow. It looks funny and I don't want my friends to laugh at me." The wailing and gnashing of teeth commenced the rest of the way home.



This was the best picture I could get of the finished product


She was screaming, "No pictures!" I didn't expect this excessive concern with her hair and appearance quite so soon. She's still insisting she won't be going to school. I told her we'd wait a week and if she still didn't like it, we could go back and get it shorter. She's since said that she wants it long again. Such a girl, can't make up her mind!



I was trying to get her rant about her hair being funny on video. I missed it, but it's a good illustration of how upset she was. Maybe on her next haircut she'll be happy with both the experience and the result!

1 comments:

Dave said...

I love Gabby!!

She is so funny.

It scares me a little bit that you're shooting video while you're driving :-)

I showed this post to nat and she said "I'm not so sure I want a girl. I don't possess the negotiating skills"

hah