Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Art of Gabriella

"Stars and Stripes"
Gabby made this at school. I've been trying to teach her about America lately. I told her that it's America's birthday on July 4th and everyone has party for our country. She wanted to know if America was a girl and what present she wanted. She recognizes the flag and is slowly getting the concept that the USA is our country. I've tried teaching her the Pledge of Allegiance, but she's not interested in it yet. I love this country. It's not without its problems, but it's still the greatest nation ever and I feel so blessed to live here at this time in history.

"Birthday Cake"

This is a favorite of Gabby. She loves drawing cakes almost as much as she loves eating them. She always has a candle on the top and they're always layered.

"An Ode to A"

Gabby is learning to write her letters and A is her favorite letter right now. She is really interested in spelling. When we're driving, she reads the letters on signs and asks what they spell. STOP is the one she's doing on her own along with her own name. That's her drawing of me in the left corner.

"Mother and Daughter"


She got the hair right for us and I love the big smile on Gabby. I may be slightly biased, but I think these are pretty good for a 3 year old (she's not 4 just yet!).

1 comments:

Nick and Ashlee Weber Family said...

Hi, I am came across your blog through your sisters. Your little girl is adorable.