Thursday, June 5, 2008

I have to brag!

I bought a few things that required some assembly. I'm proud to say I assembled my new treadmill and ceiling fan all on my own! Not only did I put them together, but they work beautifully! I even got to use my trusty mallot on my treadmill.

I love, love, LOVE my new treadmill. It's a Reebok treadmill. I'd run out my old one. It was about 5 years old, but it wouldn't go as faster than 5mph anymore. I found this one on Memorial Day for a great deal. I decided to buy a higher end one and I can totally tell the difference. It's a lot quieter and I love all the extra features it has. I'm hoping it will be easier on my knees, too. I had it delivered so I didn't have to lug it in on my own. It was easier than my last one to assemble. It was tricky at a couple of points having to turn it over and such, but I managed. It feels so good to be able to run and get some physical activity in. I'm so out of shape, but that won't last for long! Gabby insists on 'exercising' as well and walks on it every night for a few minutes.

Yes, I installed a ceiling fan on my own as well! I had my doubts about being able to this correctly, but it was actually really simple. It took me a while to do, mostly because I didn't have a ladder when I started and trying to do it from a chair was exhausting on the arms. I couldn't get the base attached right until I got a ladder. After that, it went really smoothly. I wasn't sure I wired it right and I was nervous to turn the power on to test it out. Voila! There is light and the blades are spinning (that's why included the picture above for you doubters out there!).

When I was replacing light bulbs in the old fixture, I somehow shattered the glass cover in my bare hands. It was crazy. You had to push it back in to the fixture and I guess I pushed in the wrong spot and found myself showered in glass. So I needed to replace it anyway and decided to go with a fan.

1 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

that is very impressive trish.....you should make fun of micha because he was going to pay joe to come and install his fans for him :)