Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Bump on the Head...

What a week I'm having! Monday night, I about knocked myself out by hitting my head on the banister. I was bending over to pick something up and THUNK! It really hurt and I curled up in a ball on the floor writhing in agony while Gabby laughed. When I informed her that Mommy was hurting, she quickly offered to kiss it all better. After she kissed the tender bump, I said I thought I would put some ice on it. Gabby was indignant with the suggestion that her kiss had not completely healed my boo-boo. She forcefully informed me that my head was fine as she had kissed it all better and that I did not need any ice and I was fit to play games with her. She did give me another kiss just to be sure though.

I don't know if it's the bump or just other stuff on my mind, but I've been the most absent-minded klutz since then. I tripped up my stairs carrying a bowl and somehow whacked my chin on the bowl. It's still tender along with my head. I've set my alarm clock incorrectly the past three mornings and only happened to wake up in time by some miracle. Tuesday, I was about a mile down the road on the way to work and school, when I realized I had forgotten shoes for my child. This not being Arkansas, I decided I couldn't send her to school shoeless so I rushed back to get them. In my rush, I forgot to close my garage door and it was open to the world until I got home at 9pm yesterday. I'm fortunate that my area is safe enough that nothing was taken. Yesterday, I forgot my cell phone and turned around to get that. Of course I forgot to charge it the night before so it died on me before the day was over.

I had another bad fall on my stairs today. It was even worse because I was carrying Gabby after her bath. She has puppy hooded towel. She wraps herself in it and calls herself a puppy-ball. She insists I carry her downstairs to dry off and get dressed. So I was carrying the puppy-ball Gabby and slipped on a step. Gabby was thrown up in the air and I somehow managed to catch her while falling hard and sliding down a few steps myself. Gabby is fine, not a mark on her, but I'm in a sorry state now. It hurts to sit now, my neck feels bit funky, and I'm still trying to figure out what I did to my leg! I know I'm accident prone, but this week has been out of control (I won't even mention how many times I've spilt stuff this week either!)

A couple of other things:

Gabby just said, "I want to start acting strange so I can go to the park." I had told her we're not going to the park at all this week because she didn't act right last time we were there. I'm not sure why she thinks she needs to act strange.

At work, something was itching me just at my bra line. I sit by women only, so I was messing with my bra trying to figure out the problem. I feel the problem and pull out a Curious George sticker. One of my co-workers starts laughing and says, "Trish just pulled a monkey out of her bra!" Of course, our male manager happened to be walking by just at that point. He threw his hands up and said, "I don't even want to know" and kept on walking.

1 comments:

stacey said...

trish, seriouly you need to be careful girl! hope you are feeling better. be careful.