Sunday, May 11, 2008

Seriously!

This could only happen to me! Yesterday, I was cleaning my ring at the island in the kitchen. I was rubbing it with a cloth when it slipped out of my hand. I heard it hit the floor. I look down and can't see it anywhere. So I start looking more carefully and still can't see it. I get on my hands and knees to look under the cabinet. I feel under and notice that there is a space between the baseboard of the cabinet and the cabinet itself. I thought, "No way could my ring be under there," and searched the rest of the kitchen. Oh, but it was under there. My ring dropped perfectly enough to bounce once and go through the space above the baseboard. A shot in a million! The space was wide enough for my fingers, but not my hand. I got a hanger to slide in to try to hook onto the ring. There just wasn't enough space to maneuver and I couldn't see a thing.

I took a limited amount of tools when I moved out and had to make do with my trusty mallet and a screwdriver (that reminds me, I need to do a post on why everyone needs a good rubber mallet, I'm very attached to mine). I banged out a hole and was able to see that my ring was in fact under the cabinet. I used the hanger to slide the ring towards the opening. I still couldn't get it out with my fingers or get it on the end of the hanger. I finally got a spoon and was able to scoop it up and out. I still can't believe my ring bounced under there. Here's a shot of my handiwork and just how small the space is that my ring bounced through (I am going to patch the hole, though you'd have to lay down to see it). What are the odds?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is nuts! Glad you got it out!

jennie said...

I'm impressed you were able to find it! I may have given up!