Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Townhouse

Many of you who aren't in regular contact with me may be wondering why I have a townhouse. Nick and I separated last month. It's been a trying time as I previously posted, but also a time of great blessings and growth. Gabby and I had been staying with Jenny and David. As wonderful as they were as roommies, we really needed our space. I found a wonderful townhouse for a great deal not too far from Jen and David. It's 3 bedroom and 2 1/2 baths. It's an easy drive to work meaning I spend no time on the freeway(that's a really good thing here). I'm close to every store you can name. I have an attached garage so no more trudging through the snow and scraping it off my car (of course it snowed again today!). I'm still settling in, but it feels perfect for us. Gabby made it a whole week without getting a new illness!
This is my bedroom. I haven't hung any pictures up, but it's a good-sized room. The wall to the right of the photo is a gianormous closet. I LOVE it! It's actually completely full since I don't have a dresser for my things yet.

This is Gabby's bedroom with her new bed. David and his dad spent about 3 hours putting it together a week ago along with an armoire for her (They were too nice to help me out like that, David along with my Bishop also helped me move). She loves her bed and is really happy to go to bed each night. Grandma Carla made her the blanket. I was going to buy her a new comforter set, but she's absolutely refused because she loves Grandma Carla's blanket so much. I bought her a beanbag instead and she's completely happy with the room.

I decided to use the 3rd bedroom for Gabby's playroom. She has a ton of toys and they never would have fit in the other room. Jenny actually unpacked most this room when she was waiting for the cable guy to show up the other day (Obviously, Jenny and David ROCK!). Gabby's thrilled to have all her toys again. We spent a long time playing with most of them today.


My living room and kitchen are all one room. The armoire was a beast to move, but I'm really glad David and my Bishop got it here!


I love my kitchen. I really missed not having a pantry. There are actually empty cupboards which feels like such a luxury since I was bursting out of my other kitchen.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey! It is good to hear that you are doing well. Snow is the one thing I do NOT miss about Utah. Gabbie is so precious! Good luck and stay warm! (this is Melissa (Hale) Lamb)

Unknown said...

Trish it looks great! Looks like a nice place for you to live, Gabby's room looks cute! Glad you got all moved in!

jennifer rogers said...

Hey Trish,
I'm so glad that you are doing well, and I love your townhouse it's very cute! I am envious of your kitchen! Keep your head up and stay strong you are such an example!

Anonymous said...

Trish, We are so proud of you and support you 150%. If there is anything Suzie and I can do PLEASE let us know. Uncle Jack