Friday, February 1, 2008

Hurray for February!

January has been the worst month (and in many ways the best) ever! It's not enough that I'm making some monumental changes in my life, but I've had so many other things go wrong as well. I figure February will have some great things in store for me. Here's my list of things that have occurred this month.

  • Gabby got a break-through case of the chicken pox just after the New Year. We thought she had some tropical disease, but it was chicken pox. They were only on her face and hands but she may have a couple of scars from them.
  • Gabby got the stomach flu and threw up all over Jenny's apartment. I rented a carpet cleaner for them, it was that bad!
  • The last day of January she got "the diarrhea"(as Madison terms it). Unfortunately, she doesn't always get to the toilet so I've had some more fun cleaning carpets.
  • Last Monday, I was leaving Jenny's apartment and hit a pole and shattered my sideview mirror.
  • Last Wednesday, I locked my keys in my car. That wasn't such a big deal since Roadside Assistance covered it all, but an inconvenience all the same.
  • Last Friday, I took my car in for an oil change. I was a mile down the road and my car broke down. The oil change dudes tried to tell me they didn't do anything, but I convinced them otherwise. They merely busted a hole in hose. They were able to fix it in a timely manner.
  • And to top it all off, Salt Lake has set new records for snow fall in January. I HATE the snow! Nothing shuts down when it snows here, it just makes everything that much more difficult. It has been bitterly cold. I never thought I would consider 32 warm, but I'm learning what cold really is, PAINFUL!

Aside from those things, I've actually been incredibly blessed. I have a terrific new job with Farmers Insurance I start on Monday. Gabby starts preschool then, too. She is so excited for it. I've had some profound spiritual experiences which really have cancelled out all the trials listed above. I just figure all that stuff needed to get outof the way before I start working. I am really glad it's a new month, hopefully things will just get better from here on!

Trish

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

In 8 years I have NEVER had such problems with the snow. I hate the cold. I hate driving in snow. I hate walking in it from my car to my office and back again. I miss AR and how if a single flake falls, the whole state shuts down.

Bailey said...

All of these things could have been avoided if you just come back to the wonderful state of Arkansas!! Which by the way was 70 degrees today!!

Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oscar & Dollie said...

a bit colder than 70 today, but no snow, or ice for that matter. Tornadoes though. we would still like for you to come back to our state; it is WONDERFUL we miss you both!

love ya'll
oscar, adabelle, ocho, & dollie