Monday, May 30, 2011

Gabby’s K Field Day

Gabby had her first Field Day last Friday.  She was SOOOOOO excited about it. She had me read her the list of races and activities every night. Her prayers consisted of wishing that Friday would come sooner. Gabby really wanted to win a blue ribbon. When we were talking about it, I pulled out my stash of trophies, medals, and ribbons from back in the day.  Gabby was so impressed with them.  It was fun going down memory lane with her.  That moment with her was completely worth saving them the last 15+ years!  I can’t remember the last time I got them out.

Field day 003

Gabby’s field day was a few hours. I didn’t know what races she was doing and was taking an early lunch to come see her. When I got there, the races were over. I found Gabby and she was bursting with excitement after winning a blue ribbon. She ran the 50 meter dash (I think) and won and based on her classmates, won convincingly.  I was thrilled and so happy she was so happy. I was so sad I missed it though.  I secretly really hope Gabby gets into running.  I think it’s a good start. She definitely has a competitor’s drive.

Field day 006

They did a tug-o’-war. Gabby’s class didn’t win.

Field day 009

Next they did a big game of twister. They were practicing right and left in this shot.

 

Field day 016

Gabby was getting twisted and fell soon after.

Field day 021

Last think I saw her do was the hula hoop contest. It went straight to the ground.

 

Field day 019

I was super proud of  my runner!

1 comments:

Jen T. said...

Too fun and cute! And lucky for her she had a good supply of stretchy pants for such an occasion!:) (That's for Gabe!)