Sunday, October 11, 2009

What's Goin' On!

I totally lost my blogging mojo! I'm hoping to get it back and keep y'all updated with my oh so exciting life. My life isn't at all exciting but it is flying by. How is it October? Anyway, we've been busy as always. I went to Dallas sans Gabby over Labor Day weekend for birtday and the BYU vs OU game. It was a fabulous weekend away with my some of my family.
Marji made me a delicious Jello cake. How is it possible that I'm 31? I don't think it is possible so I'll continue to stick with 25!

I planned this trip back in April. When we were getting the tickets, we decided to splurge it get good seats. Our expectations were incredibly low for BYU showing up and playing a good game against Oklahoma. I was hoping for just 1 or 2 good quarters. As y'all know, it was a phenomenal game and BYU came away with a major win. We had 8 row seats in the endzone and they were worth every penny. I screamed myself hoarse. Seriously, I could barely talk for 5 days. It was the best game ever! I'm so glad I went. The stadium was amazing as well. I even got on the biggest jumbotron in the world! It was pretty cool. Unfortunately, BYU had to go and lose to stupid Florida State, but they're still ranken and who knows what the rest of the season will bring?

Gabby and Madison are taking a tumbling class together once a week. They started in September and seem to really be enjoying it. Pam and I switch out taking the girls so I have a couple hours free every other Wednesday which has been nice.



Gabby and I went to the circus with Jen and David a couple of weeks ago. It was really great. Gabby loved all the elephants (still her favorite animal), but her favorite act were the dogs with tutus and all their tricks.


I loved the circus, too. It's amazing what people can do and what they can train animals to do.


My parents came to visit us last weekend. The kids were so excited to see their grandparents. Mom even brought some crafts for the kids. It was really great to have them out here.




They also brought tickets to General Conference. I went with Mom and Dad to the Saturday morning session. It's a wonderful experience to be in the conference center. I love how the atmosphere changes when President Monson comes in. All conversation ceases and everyone stands while he takes his seat. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is simply amazing as well. I just love conference and I was just overwhelmed by so many wonderful messages. I'm so grateful for modern prophets and apostles who so powerfully witness and teach of truth and the gospel of Jesus Christ.
So that's what's been going on!




4 comments:

Dave said...

Once a month is prolly all you need, right?

:-)

i think i need to learn how to make a jello cake

and i thought this was your 25th birthday ;-)

i bet you're enjoying having pam and micha up there. I've been trying to get one of my siblings to move to kc for years :-)

PrincessKatie said...

Happy Late Birthday. Fun updates. Where does Gabby do gymnastics/ I bet sheloves it!

Ginger said...

Well at least you look 25 and that is what really matters. (: I feel your pain, I just turned 30. HOW is all I want to know.

Trish said...

Jello cake is super easy make. You basically pour a jello mix over a hot cake and then chill it and cover in cool whip. It's best in the summertime!

Gabby takes tumbling a Synergy. It way west but I'm really impressed with it and Gabby is loving it.

Ginger, you're too sweet! I actually convinced a dude I was 21 and then couldn't convince him that I really was 31. That made me feel good :)