Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Busy, Busy,Busy!

What a month! I think superheroes have it easy compared to moms! We do it all without the aid of any super characteristic, unless you count dogged determination and a little bit of crazy for taking on as much as we do. I don't know why I've been thinking about that. I considered Batman, but he has super wealth to support him. I sure don't! But I'm working on it.

One thing that kept me busy in July and the first part of August (in addition to all the running) was completing everything for a promotion at work. Nothing was terribly difficult, I took some online courses, some training from our trainer, and studiously studied a 14 chapter book to pass another test. I also had to be meeting or exceeding all of our fun goals. I am proud to report, I received my promotion, an increase in pay, and am now a Senior Claims Representative, not just a mere Claims Rep. We'll take a moment for the oooh's and aaah's subside.

I actually am really happy about it. I enjoy my job the majority of the time. I'm in a good field where there can be a lot of opportunities. It also helps that my co-workers keep it fun, too. FYI, I'm a medical claims adjuster. In a nutshell, I handle medical claims for auto and home injuries. A lot of it is monotonous, but there's the claim here and there that's interesting and challenging. Some of it can be really sad, too. I've been taking advantage of overtime opportunities as well. I feel really blessed to have a good job and to have found it when I did.

Gabby and I are meeting the Andersons and Gabe in Florida next week. I couldn't be more excited or ready for this vacation. We will be dividing our time between the beach, pool, and outlet malls. I'm also hoping for massive quantities of sleep. Gabby is very excited as well, but seems a little disappointed it's not 12 days. She's decided that's the appropriate length for a vacation. That's another way that I'm very blessed, to be able to take such fun trips with Gabby.

We're having her birthday party this Saturday. I'm keeping it very small and low-key but it should be fun. There are plenty of other things keeping us busy, but those are the major highlights!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Congrats on the promotion.

All that studious studying paid off :-)

Have a great vacation. couldn't you just tell her it is 12 days? or would she actually count them?

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the promo!

PrincessKatie said...

Congratulations on your promotion. I a jealous of your trip and outlet malls. Hope you find some good deals!