Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oh Gabby!

Gabby and I attended Riley Robinson’s wedding reception yesterday.  I’m not sure how soon I’ll take her to another! She kept us well entertained!

011

Gabby was enamored with the cake. She stared at it like this for at least 3 straight minutes.  She didn’t think that it was a real cake. Most cakes she is familiar with are from a box.  She was very impatient for it be cut and made sure to have a front row seat to it.

019

There was a candy table that was a big hit with the kids. Ranie’s son Tommy consumed candy for an hour straight.  Gabby brought this box just for me.  I haven’t even begun to make a dent in it. Side note:  I went 4 weeks with out sugar and didn’t make any difference so I’m back on and just in time for the candy table!

017

Gabby still loves her Uncle Gabe! That’s Tommy to the right working on all that candy.

020

There were 2 photographers at the reception. Gabby persuaded them to let her have her own photo shoot. She was throwing out some mad poses! I caught this one.  They were good sports about it.

022

Gabby making sure her candy box had her name on it.

023

Gabby and the “Wedding Girl” as Gabby termed her.  As soon as she saw Cece, she was impressed with that dress. It was a gorgeous gown. She told me she thought it was the most beautiful dress she’d ever seen and desperately wanted a picture with her. It was almost the end of the evening, but we finally got our chance! Cece was very sweet to Gabby. When Gabby was admiring her dress, she was telling her that she really liked all the pearls sewn into the bodice.  That was nice, but she felt it necessary to rub her hand all over the bodice as well.  Gabby and I had to have a talk after that and people’s personal spaces.  Gabby was later following Cece to get a closer look at the dress and noticed there was fly on the back of the dress. She first began screaming, “A bug, a bug!” She loved that dress, she obviously couldn’t stand having it blemished in anyway. As no one was responding to her cries, she pulled out some Mr.Miagi skills and grabbed that fly between her fingers before it even knew what was happening. She then proudly shoved it in Cece’s face so she could see that she’d rescued her dress.  This happened by the Arkansas table and they were all in hysterics at her fly-catching skills.

 

016

I love my Gabby’s unique personality and how she continually surprises me. She brings me so much joy and laughter. I am one lucky mommy and am of the opinion that Gabby is the bestest daughter in the whole wide world.  She is so sweet and even with all my faults and shortcomings, in every prayer, she always thanks Heavenly Father for me and thinks I’m the best mommy in the whole wide world and melts my hearts every time I hear it.

014

When I wasn’t reining Gabby in, I was visiting with some of my favorite people. Ranie and all the Robinsons feel like family and we had lots laughs and fun!

0 comments: